Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 18, 2014

I've been working on more circles. Inspired by my class with Jenny Rayment? In part. Thinking of old celestial maps...





Background fabric is a gorgeous hand dye by Carol Eaton.

I ended up cutting the main circle down in size considerably.


I added some dimensional sun rays in the center.

I added an outside ring for the circle (curved piecing is fun!). I used the ring I cut off the original circle as a template for fitting purposes.


Now playing around with lutradur and other embellishments. I think this piece will change dramatically before it is done.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get it at first, but by the sun in the center, I was in love. How do you see that stuff at the beginning?!? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, my friend, I love your work. I'm giving you some link love on Tuesday in my blog post, if that is okay.

    ReplyDelete