Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 16, 2014


When Maddie from Spool and BAQS put a call out for some applicants to help them with testing patterns and making samples for the store, I wrote a heartfelt note and was accepted. I really appreciate the BAQS philosophy, and I'm a sucker for anything with "corps" in the title. So I'm an official Stitch Corps member!

I received my first project last week. It is a cute star pattern called Stardust by Jen Kingwell Designs out of Australia. 

I've never worked from an Aussie pattern before. It was interesting to translate the vocabulary (wadding=batting, etc).


I would rate the pattern as intermediate difficulty. Getting some of the small pieces aligned correctly was tricky, and the block is put together with a partial seam.


The finished project, headed back to Chattanooga!

No comments:

Post a Comment