Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2, 2015

I recently finished a quilt top made from "orphan" blocks.  I have so much fun with these. I love to figure out a way for them to fit together. Like a jigsaw puzzle. I love jigsaw puzzles.


These are the blocks I started with.



I had this stack of fabric to use on the quilt top. I ended up finding a few others to throw in the mix. 


The top row was just a bunch of shipless sails.  So I finished the bottom of the boats first.

At this point, I did some rearranging, and made three more rows of blocks: four patches, easy chevrons and fishies.



Well, it's not masterpiece. But I like the patriotic colors, the fun nautical theme, and I think the quilting will really help tie it all together. I think I will add some fishy eyes after quilting, too.

More adventures with orphan blocks can be found here!

One of my quilts that used some orphan fan blocks jut won a ribbon at Maryland State Fair!








1 comment:


  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

    Web Designing Bangalore | Web Development Bangalore

    ReplyDelete