These are the blocks I started with.
I had this stack of fabric to use on the quilt top. I ended up finding a few others to throw in the mix.
The top row was just a bunch of shipless sails. So I finished the bottom of the boats first.
At this point, I did some rearranging, and made three more rows of blocks: four patches, easy chevrons and fishies.
Well, it's not masterpiece. But I like the patriotic colors, the fun nautical theme, and I think the quilting will really help tie it all together. I think I will add some fishy eyes after quilting, too.
More adventures with orphan blocks can be found here!
One of my quilts that used some orphan fan blocks jut won a ribbon at Maryland State Fair!