Monday, September 10, 2012

September 6, 2012

At our beach vacation, I had time to sit and sketch and play in my art journals. This is the only page that basically started from scratch. I love watching seagulls so I decided to sketch some. And the lifeguard's blue umbrella really caught my eye.


I added a little to a lot of pages.

Watercolor over gel glue resist; added some pencil drawing around the stickers to give dimension.


Added a little background color to this one.

Added swirly pattern on the hand on the right, with prismacolor pencil. 

I must have fall leaves on the brain. Tissue paper glued down and colored over with prismacolor pencils.

Added water to the trunk shape.

Added a watercolor wash to the flames at the top.
These are all in two books that I made a while back from old watercolor studies I made in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment