Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 21, 2015

My first (sad) attempt at a pickle dish block. I used this free pattern. The arcs are paper pieced.

One of the biggest challenges was the very small scale of the parts, so I looked around for a larger version. I found this simplified version, called "Gypsy Kiss". It's almost a cross between a double wedding ring and a pickle dish pattern.


It was much simpler. The bottom block is my first attempt, the top one was next. I hope to improve with practice.

Here is what my friends at retreat added to the center!





1 comment:

  1. I love your work Misty, and paper piecing is a great way to get those perfect points.I love paper piecing too, but haven't done it in forever. I have a couple of Carol Doak's books if you would like to borrow them I wouldn't mind. There are loads of patterns in them. Can't wait to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete