Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

I'll be doing a five day review of my trip to Houston. It's taken me a week to recover, mull over all the ideas I was exposed to, all the new people I met, download  a gajillion photos, and get my everyday life back on track.

Here are a few of my favorite quilts. There were seriously too many to photograph.


This gorgeous quilt was pieced out of apple core shapes, and sprinkled with delicate cherry blossom appliqued flowers.


I love the combination of drawn and stitched lines on this quilt.


Kelp by Sheila Frampton-Cooper


Another by Sheila Frampton-Cooper, called Metamorphosis.


Cheryl Sleboda's awesome quilt with a long German name that means "Speed."

The quilt I stood in front of the longest (outside of my own, ha ha) was this reproduction of a 14th century quilt. It took 40+ women over 7000 hours to complete. It is made with a technique called "boutis."


The display was backlit so you could really  see how each little area was stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment